What games do you play ?

ShaneFenton
Prename: Shane
Surname: Fenton

What games do you play ?

Post by ShaneFenton »

Hallo alle,

I realize that after all these years, I've been talking about video game controversies, and never about video games. I never bother sharing the games I've been playing and enjoying, and I never bother asked. Which is why I created this thread (hoping there isn't already one on the same subject).

My games of the year currently are :
- Grim Dawn (I had already played 90 hours 2 years ago, I decided to run it again, and added 200 more hours... yeah, I like it)
- Nehrim (Oblivion mod made by the creators of Enderal for Skyrim. 70 hours on it... yeah, I like it too)
- Fantasy General 2 (I was a huge fan of the first episode. And I love the "fantasy wargame" genre. This second episode delivers)
- Yakuza 0 (20 hours, still stuck in chapter 2 trying to solve every side quest before moving forward)
- Mad Max (50+ hours... didn't expected to enjoy a desert that much)
- The Outer Worlds (archaic, but still)
- Batman : Arkham Asylum (oldie, but goodie)
- Reign of Terror (a total conversion for Grim Dawn that turns it into Diablo 2 : the whole lore, creatures, zones, dungeons, items, classes... with the core GD gameplay and graphics)

By the way, my favourite genres are CRPG and strategy games, and my favourite setting is fantasy. But I can enjoy game of any genre : point'n'click, shooters, etc. Life is Strange and its prequel, Before the Storm, have been my favourite games of 2018.

What about you ? What are you currently playing ? What do you like the most ?
buzzti
VDVC-Mitglied
Prename: Bastian

Re: What games do you play ?

Post by buzzti »

Currently mostly only Trackmania 2020 (i enjoy record hunting)

Earlier this year i player Nebuchadnezzar, Far Cry 5 and Cyberpunk 2077 (which is ok, but released too early)

Also a bit of classic DOOM on the switch
Rey Alp

Post by Rey Alp »

Since about 15 years I play with 2 friends every week for 3 hours one paradox game. Here a video about a match were we played Benelux against AI:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXyQqBMKPhE

We started wird "Hearts of Iron 2" continued with "Victoria" than with "Harts of Iron 4", "Stellaris", "Hearts of Iron 5", new Version of Stellaris, Star-Trek and Star Wars Stellaris Total Conversion. The last months we are back at "Hearts of Iron 2 - Doomsday".

First I liked to play the "Total Wars" series (Medieval, Medieval 2, Rome etc.) but because they introduced the copy protection I switched to paradox. Meanwhile I bought "Stellaris" at steam too but it was the reasion to switch.

I also played "Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory" for about 10 years and switched with 3-4 other guys to "Dirty Bomb". Meanwhile I don't have the time play it each week. I guess its about 3 month ago that I played it the last time.

For about 6 month I played "Word of Warships" (without buying anything for real money) - I allready played it a couple of years ago. I managed to get the Battleship better than the Bismarck-class and finished to play it because without spending real Money you need no much time.

A few months ago I bought "Deep Rock Galactic" to play it with my brother but we are both realy busy and we only managed to play it one time together.

I really like to play games together (or against) my friends. And I enjoyed to play games like "Counter-Strike: 1.6", "Day of Defeat", "Tribes II", "WWII Online" etc. online. I am a huge fan of games like "Age of Empires II" but the only strategy games which I managed to play sucessful online were "Ground Control II" and "Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War".

There are very few singleplayer Games I finished. Like "Portal", "Gothic I", Gothic II", "Operation Flashpoint: Resistance", "Half-Life: Opposing Force", "Max Payne", "Mafia", "GTA: IV" and "Morrowind". I bought and played "GTA: IV" online because of the "Killerspiel" thing to proof, which claims about the games are wrong. The last years I tried to finish "NOLF" und "Dungeon Keeper 2" (again) but I failed ...
Vicarocha
Prename: Patrick

Post by Vicarocha »

Uh... I play way to much, don't do much else these days as the pandemic inhibited my urge to travel, meet friends, do anything else but sitting on my couch and playing video games (when I don't have to teach my students etc.). :-(

I didn't even manage to continue to work on the 2nd edt. of my doctoral thesis (I've analysed and implemented all the "effects violent video games"-studies conducted since 2013 though), which isn't that bad, given that the German JuSchG was just revised and this would've been the next part of my own revision (so no work was in vain - some paragraphs have changed their numbers, their text etc., but the substance of the law remained mostly the same... but I managed to include some new judicial decisions by German courts, the BPjM and so on, inserted pictures) etc. Even during my ongoing summer break (to be ended next week) I didn't find time to continue my work... maybe I'll never complete my 2nd edt., who knows... it is hard to motivate one self, if there is nothing to gain from it (but I really, really, really miss working academically). OK, before depression kicks in...

... I tend to play nearly everything but sports games, but i clearly favour action-adventures (esp. metroidvanias), soulslike-games, RPGs etc.
This year alone I completed:

1. Vanquish (PS4)
2. The Mummy Demastered (PS4)
3. Resident Evil Village (PS5)
4. Borderlands 3 (PS4)
5. Morbid: The Seven Acolytes (PS4)
6. Guns, Gore & Cannoli (PS4)
7. Guns, Gore & Cannoli 2 (PS4)
8. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4)
9. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Xbox 360)
10. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)
11. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Xbox 360)
12. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
13. Mother Russia Bleeds (PS4)
14. Hellpoint (PS4)
15. Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)
16. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (PS4)
17. Neverending Nightmares (PS4)
18. Outlast (PS4)
19. Outlast 2 (PS4)
20. Remothered: Tormented Fathers (PS4)
21. The Evil Within (PS4)
22. Close to the Sun (PS4)
23. Ghost of a Tale (PS4)
24. Hitman III (PS5)
25. Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot (PS4)
26. Blood & Truth (PS4)
27. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5)
28. Immortals Fenyx Rising (PS4)
29. Inmost (NS)
30. Carrion (NS)
31. Hades (NS)
32. Hyper Light Drifter (NS)
33. Ruiner (NS)
34. Yes, Your Grace (NS)
35. Abzû (NS)
36. Ratched & Clank: Rift Apart (PS5)
37. SteamWorld Dig (PS4)
38. SteamWorld Dig 2 (PS4)
39. Mystik Belle (PS4)
40. Necromunda: Hired Gun (PS5)
41. 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (PS4)
42. Returnal (PS5)
43. Blazing Chrome (PS4)
44. Ken Follet's The Pillar's of the Earth (PS4)

At the moment I'm working on "Song of Horror" (PS4). ;-)
About 6 games a month it seems... need other hobbies, don't read books anymore, experience no more progression on my guitar etc. (but developed a longing for replica revolvers...).
"In the beginning there was violence. Cain slew his own brother Abel according to Genesis and he didn't even have a video tape recorder."
~ Gunnel ARRBÄCK